4x Coconut Fibre Grow Mats
Coconut Fibre is made by taking the part of the coconut between the outer shell and the seed coat of a coconut (where the juices are stored). The fibers are then wound into a mat that can be used for micro-green growing or plant germination. It is a brilliant environmentally friendly solution for hydroponic growing that can be used in a completely renewable way.
There are countless reasons why coconut coir mats are one of the best hydroponic mediums to grow in including;
- It is 100% organic and naturally grown
- Great water retention - able to hold 8-9 times its own weight in water
- The medium is renewably produced and completely reusable
- Biodegrades when mixed with regular soil
- Great aeration - facilitating good oxygen supply to your plant roots.
- Contains naturally occurring macro-nutrients, micro-nutrients, and trace elements.
- Free from bacteria and fungal spores
- Dimensions: 28 x 18 cm and 12 mm thick
Aside from being a great medium to use for micro-green growing in our incubation trays, coconut husk can also be used for;
- Hydroponic growing
- Mixing in with regular soil
- Mushroom farming
They can be cut as desired to grow in whatever arrangements your hearts desire.
Coco mats are biodegradable as they are made of coconut husk, so you can throw them away in either your mixed waste bin or vegetation bin! Just check your council's rules for this first!