Grow sprouts in no time and enjoy the taste of fresh food grown in a sustainable way indoors. The Speedy Sprouter grows sprouts so quickly that you can see the change in growth with each passing day. It's a great way to produce a large amount of food in a small amount of time while doubling up as a teaching tool to educate children on how to grow food!
- Can be used repeatedly
- Easy to use
- Fast growth time for sprouts
- Sprouts are highly nutritious
- Versatile vegetables that can be used in a variety of dishes
- A fun experiment for kids to learn how things grow
- Incredibly short farm to table time
- Comes with 100% stainless steel lid, glass jar and white drainage stand.
- Wide mouth mesh strainer
- 1L Volume
- Durable Construction
- Add seeds to your Speedy Sprouter
- Rinse your new seeds in water to clean them
- Drain water out
- Submerse seeds in warm water at a 1:4 ratio of seeds to water
- Let your seeds soak overnight
- Turn your Speedy Sprouter upside down and allow it to drain for 8 hours in a cool shaded place
- Rinse your seeds and drain again for another 8 hours
- Repeat step 7 until your sprouts have grown to an adequate size
- Sprouts can be placed in sunlight on their final day of growth to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
Note: Only use seeds that have not been chemically treated (all our sprout seeds are not chemically treated), always stop the sprouting process before the first set of leaves grow, some sprouts need to be cooked before eating. Check seed pages for seed-specific instructions before growing.