Compressed Coconut Coir Block
Coconut Pith is made by taking the part of the coconut between the outer shell and the seed coat of a coconut. It is a brilliant environmentally friendly solution for hydroponic growing that can be used in a completely renewable way.
There are countless reasons why coconut pith (also incorrectly known as peat) is one of the best hydroponic mediums to grow in including;
- It is 100% organic and naturally grown
- Great water retention - able to hold 8-9 times its weight in water
- The medium is renewably produced and completely reusable
- Biodegrades when mixed with regular soil
- Great aeration - facilitating good oxygen supply to your plant roots.
- It contains naturally occurring macro-nutrients, micro-nutrients and trace elements (although not enough to solar grow a plant without nutrients)
- Free from bacteria and fungal spores
Aside from being a great medium to use for micro-green growing in our incubation trays, coconut husk can also be used for plant germination and distributing heat from heat mats.
Soak in water for 30 minutes
Place in microgreen growth tray
Add seeds over the top (pack densely as the sprouts will support each other's vertical aspirations)
Top up with a little bit more water until the trays are almost covered
Place under a grow light or sunlight and check-in when required.