The Hydroponic Growth Module has been a staple of the Urban Plant Growers range for years, being used in both the EcoKitchen and the Family Farm smart gardens. The module is a water reservoir with a 7L capacity, and HDPE construction. The design prevents light from reaching the nutrient-rich water - limiting the growth of algae in the basin, and leading to healthier and faster growing plants.
- 7 Litre water reservoir
- 12x net cups
- 12x Rockwool cubes
- 1 Packet of Basil Seeds
- 1 Packet of Dill Seeds
- Connect basin lid to the base
- Insert net cups into slots in basin lid.
- Soak rockwool in water for 5 minutes.
- Cut rockwool with scissors
- Place rockwool cubes in net cups
- Add 2-5 seeds per cube - ensure all seeds are wet as this will activate the seeds
- After the seeds have sprouted and have formed their first few leaves, add 1 scoop of nutrients to the water and mix thoroughly to ensure it all dissolves.
- Add 1 scoop of nutrients per litre added from that point forward.
- To reduce algae growth on rockwool, try to limit contact between rockwool and water.
- High temperature water may cause stress in plant roots.