Expanded Clay Balls
Expanded clay balls are pellets of inert clay that have been fired to create small marble-sized balls that can be used in hydroponic growing systems.
- 5L and 1L options of expanded clay balls
- Packaged in cardboard (to reduce plastic waste)
- Easy to use and mess-free
- Neutral pH
- Inorganic and inert
- The surface of the clay has tiny holes all over that allow better root aeration and increase the available surface area for nitrate crunching bacteria to grow (perfect for aquaponic systems).
- The nutrient water will dry out before the nutrients have the chance to turn to algae.
|Size||Suitable for:||Volume (mL)|
Best used in our Hydropot series, but also a suitable medium for use in flood and drain or nutrient film technique hydroponic systems.
Note: Requires an initial wash to rinse clean. Soak for a few hours and stir around before draining.
For more information on growth mediums, check out our blog post here.