*Model is 194cm tall, the tray is actually really big!
Grow microgreens in 1-2 weeks and enjoy the taste of fresh food grown in the convenience of your kitchen! This Extra Large MicroGreen Grow tray will produce microgreens so quickly that you can see the change in growth with each passing day. This is the quickest way to feed your family a large volume of highly nutritious and fresh food!
Microgreens grow in 1-2 weeks, they're the easiest type of plant to grow, they don't require any nutrients, and they contain up to 10x more nutrients per gram than their fully grown counterparts (i.e. a pea sprout will be more nutritious than a pea)!
The embodied energy in a seed provides it with enough oomph to get it sprouting and putting out roots. This means that you can grow leaf/sprout mass without using any soil or nutrients at all! By growing on a coconut fibre mat - we are able to provide a medium for the roots to grow through, as well as a surface which keeps the seeds just moist enough for them to continue growing.
- The tray can be re-used repeatedly.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Fast growth time - harvest in less than 3 weeks!
- Microgreens are highly nutritious - some having 10x more nutrients per gram than their fully-grown counterparts.
- Versatile vegetables that can be used in a variety of dishes.
- A fun experiment for kids to learn how things grow.
- Incredibly short farm to table time.
- Coconut mats are 100% compostable.
What's in the box?
The microgreen grow kit comes with:
- Extra large microgreen tray - These trays are BIG, they're 54cm x 34 cm and 5 cm tall - making them a great choice for growing heaps of microgreens! You can choose how many you want and get tiered discounts!
- Rockwool growing mats - cut to fit the tray perfectly, these are the ideal growing medium for starting seeds. Choose however many you like.
- Your choice of seeds
- 250mL glass spray bottle.
- Soak Rockwool mats in water for 10 minutes
- If your seeds are larger than a grain of rice, soak them in water overnight.
Place a single mat in the tray and scatter seeds evenly over the top of the mat. This step takes a bit of practice to judge how to space them perfectly. You want them to be packed densely enough to support each other as they grow, but not so close that they don't have good airflow over them and end up getting mouldy.
- Spray gently with water
- You can stack trays on top of each other, repeat steps 3-5 with up to 5 additional trays (the weight of the trays presses the seeds down and forces their roots to grow downwards into the rockwool mat).
- Spray each layer of seeds with water daily.
- When seeds have shoots that are ~3cm long - unstack the trays and place each tray flat and uncovered so that they can grow upward.
Place plants in sunlight in the final two days to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.