1. Add seeds to your Speedy Sprouter.
2. Rinse your new seeds in water to clean them.
3. Drain water out.
4. Submerse seeds in warm water at a 1:4 ratio of seeds to water.
5. Let your seeds soak overnight.
6. Turn your Speedy Sprouter upside down and allow it to drain for 8 hours in a cool shaded place.
7. Rinse your seeds and drain again for another 8 hours.
8. Repeat step 7 until your sprouts have grown to an adequate size.
9. Sprouts can be placed in sunlight on their final day of growth to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
MicroGreen Grow Tray
1. Soak coconut mats in water for 30 minutes.
2. If your seeds are larger than a grain of rice, soak them in water overnight.
3. Place a single coconut mat on the white inner tray.
4. Scatter seeds evenly over the top of the mat. This step takes a bit of practice to judge how to space them perfectly. You want them to be packed densely enough to support each other as they grow, but not so close that they don't have good airflow over them and end up getting mouldy.
5. Spray gently with water.
6. You can stack trays on top of each other, repeat steps 3-5 with up to 5 additional trays (the weight of the trays presses the seeds down and forces their roots to grow downwards into the coconut mat).
7. Spray each layer of seeds with water daily.
8. When seeds have sprouts that are ~3cm long - unstack the trays and place each tray flat and uncovered so that they can grow upward.
9. Place plants in sunlight in the final two days to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.